ON THE TRAIL: Recreational Pinto Program!
The program is designed to promote members and their Pinto, who ride, drive, or work in-hand for recreation or leisure purposes, by providing a special recognition program for their achievements.
Enrollment in the On the Trail program is from January 1 to the following December 31. Must be renewed annually.
How to earn rewards
- Time may be recorded for any non-show or competitive related activity in which a member participates by riding, driving or working in-hand.
- This may include time spent while riding, driving or working in-hand in a group, but not limited to, participating in a parade, a drill team, therapeutic riding or lessons.
- It may also include longeing, practicing in-hand patterns, attending walks and other in-hand activities.
- Actual time spent riding or driving shall be kept in full and one-half hour increments (i.e. 2.50 hours).
- Double hours may be earned while riding or driving in national and state parks, grasslands or historic areas, a recognized by the U.S. or Canadian National Parks Service.
When you submit your forms to PtHA, your Time Log is kept on your OTT Account and you should keep copies of your Time Log. As you trail to each new level with your Pinto, you will be sent a certificate for reaching the next level and the prize that coincides with that milestone.
To get started, print the On The Trail Enrollment Form and submit with payment to the PtHA Office.
How do I get started?
Print the ON THE TRAIL Enrollment Form and submit with payment to the PtHA® Office. Download and print the time log forms of your choice for recreational hours. Enrollment in the program is annually per calendar year.
Do I have to be a member?
Yes, you must be a PtHA® member in order to participate in the OTT program and for your hours to count.
Does my equine have to be registered with the PtHA®?
Yes, all equines must be registered in order to participate. All registration classifications are allowed in this program; Mini, Pony, Horse, Utility, Mule and Donkey, Color and Solid registry.
Do I have to have my own Pinto in order to participate?
No, you do not have to own the Pinto(s) that you use.
Can I log hours on more than one Pinto?
Yes, you may participate with more than one Pinto. Each Unit (Pinto/Handler combination) must have its own enrollment.
I have previously participated in the OCAP or SOAR Programs, what happens to my points/hours?
SOAR hours previously accumulated will convert to hours in the On The Trail program. You will continue to grow from your previously accumulated balance. More information can be found in the PtHA® Rule Book, or by contacting PtHA Office.
Lifetime Award Levels
100 - PTHA® DRAWSTRING BAG
500 - PTHA® COFFEE MUG & COASTER
1,000 - PTHA® T-SHIRT
1,500 - KENSINGTON SAFE-T-TIES (4)
2,000 - KENSINGTON SHOW TOTE
3,000 - POLO WRAPS
4,000 - SIGNED & NUMBERED ORREN MIXER PINTO PRINT
5,000 - KENSINGTON BRIDLE BAG
6,000 - KENSINGTON GARMENT BAG
7,500 - PTHA® JACKET
10,000 - PTHA® BAG FROM KENSINGTON
12,500 - KENSINGTON TRAIL SADDLE BAG
15,000 - KENSINGTON SLOW FEEDER 2 FLAKE & ZIPPED GROOMING BAG
17,500 - KENSINGTON ZIPPERED SADDLE COVER - ENGLISH OR WESTERN
20,000 - GIST SILVERSMITH BELT BUCKLE